New Year, New Direction

This blog is a fun project based around being a foodie/cook and exploring other culture's take on the experience. Looking over the post's so far I realized how homogeneous the posts have been to date - and I want to change that. I want this to not only be my outlet for releasing any pent up aggression, stress and creativity, but also about learning new recipes, different cultural/ethnic takes on dishes and opening up to new traditions. Embracing and learning things that expand my mindset!

That being said, starting January 15th, I want to take a new direction with the post's shared here. Hopefully, recipes and participation willing, I will post 2x different recipes a week. One a creation from our kitchen and the second one that was given to me by YOU! Hopefully, during the 2x week time period, I will be able to collect the beginnings of this new start.

This is my hand outstretched asking you to send over your favorite family recipe! I love trying new different things so don't be afraid to send us "Bizarre Food" type ingredient lists (one of my favorite all time TV shows!). I would also love an explanation of what this recipe means to you, any family traditions around it, meanings, etc. Then we will cook it in our kitchen and post up the results ALONG with any background info you dish to me

Let's make this an international table of shared recipes, backgrounds, ethnicity's coming together to share what makes us beautiful...the kaleidoscope of the human kitchen.

Send your recipes/traditions to tsoleil3@gmail.com or comment below!

Comments