Herb Butter - Rosemary



Herb Butter - Rosemary

Ingredients

  • 5 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
  • 4 ounces of Butter - Kerrygold Pure Irish
Takes 15 mins, 10 tabs of butter

Instructions

  1. Utilize only fresh rosemary for this. I pick/receive mine (depending on the time of year) and let it sit in a paper towel in the fridge for about 2-3 days. Once the leaves change from the vibrant green to more of a deeper shade, they are ready to use. You can skip this step if you want, but I found I get the most rosemary flavor out of the herbs when I let them get the slightest bit wilted. 
  2. Empty and clean an ice cube tray and insert about 1/2 a sprig per cube. You can do a whole sprig in each cube, but it makes it harder to control the rosemary content for each creation. 
  3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl take 1 tab of butter and melt it in the microwave (I know there are fancier ways to do this, but this is easiest for me...). I only place it in for about 5-10 seconds at a time - this way the butter doesn't start to bubble. Then fill in each cube with the melted butter. Repeat this process until all the cubes you have placed rosemary in are covered. I like to fill some of my cubes up all the way and others a little less. Then I have more control over how much butter/rosemary I want to include when utilizing. 
  4. Place in freezer overnight. 
  5. In the morning, remove from the cube tray and place in container of your choice (we re-use plastic baggies). You can move to the fridge if you are going to consume within 2-3 weeks. We keep ours in the freezer so it lasts longer. When you begin to take the rest of your ingredients out of the fridge, take the butter out of the freezer and sit on a counter. This way it can adjust to room temperature before you use.  
Viola, fresh herbs year round! I have used this for cilantro, thyme, sage, etc. Just ensure you label the bags/containers properly. You do not want to use cilantro when you meant to add sage...which I have done!

Comments